I’m Nico Pearleyes, freelance illustrator currently working and living in France.
I’m available to work and collaborate on various projects. Feel free to contact me on social medias or send me a message in the get in touch section if you have any request. I’d be glad to exchange with you!
I’ve illustrated for websites, companies and books so far and I wish to further expand my skills with new challenges.
Also I am interested with environmental issues. They deserve a better exposure to the public and I believe visual arts can contribute a lot here. So if you have any project related to human ecology, environmental health, sustainability, biodiversity, or even anthropology, please contact me.
With a special focus on atmospheres, colors and lightning in compositions, my illustrations often represent landscapes or sceneries with characters. They look like movie scenes or shots that could be taken by a reporter or an anthropologist traveling parallel worlds…Drawing inspiration from comic artists and modernist painters like Magritte or Hopper, I use light and color tones to highlight a vivid and lively feel. My work can also include abstract elements, geometrical shapes and mysterious objects evoking surrealist and philosophical fantasies.
- « Power in Numbers 7 », group show, Gallery Nucleus, Alhambra, California, September 3rd – 4th
- Selected artist for Ilustrofest, a Festival of Illustration and an outdoor exhibition organized by Aha Magazin in Belgrade, Serbia, July 14th – 22nd
- « Athens open art » group exhibition, curated by Art Number 23 gallery, July 8th – 14th
- « Artrepreneur: curated », Collective Exhibition, Equity Gallery, NY – March 2 to March 5, 2022
- Honorable Mention for the best book cover open call alongside 4 other artists. Open Call organized by Artrepreneur.com. November 2021
- Invited Artist at Cluster London Fair – September 2021